up an email account in Outlook 2007
Click the Tools menu, and select Account Settings.
Click on the Email tab and click on the New button.
Next select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP and click Next.
On the Auto Account Setup window check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
Select Internet E-mail option and click Next.
Fill in the following fields:
- Enter Your Name as you want it to appear.
- Enter your full email address email@example.com in the Email address: field.
- Select POP3.
- Enter pop.yoursite.co.za in the Incoming mail (POP3) server: field. (please note: replace yoursite.co.za with your domain name)
- Enter smtp.yoursite.co.za in the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server: field. (please note: replace yoursite.co.za with your domain name)
- Enter your full email address as the username in the Account name: field
- Enter your email password in the Password: field.
Perform the following steps:
- Click on More Settings...
- Click on the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) Requires Authentication
- Make sure Use same setting as my incoming mail server is also checked.
- Click the Advanced tab, and change the smtp port number from 25 to 587 then click on OK.
- Click on OK.
Click Finish to close the setup wizard.